Starting with perfect weather (for December) we decorated boats, decorated dinghy’s, decorated the club, and decorated ourselves. I believe we were successful in our drive not to cancel Christmas or the Christmas Spirit. Kudo’s go out to everyone who worked hard to make this event a success. We really did light up the Port!
We had a total of 15 beautifully decorated boats and 6 dinghy’s brightly lit in the port. The dinghy parade was a lot of fun and many community members were able to view the dinghy’s escorting Santa around the cove. Starting with perfect weather (for December) we decorated boats, decorated dinghy’s, decorated the club, and decorated ourselves. I believe we were successful in our drive not to cancel Christmas or the Christmas Spirit.
Special thanks are in order for a few stars:
- Joseph Charnes and Ilsa De Groen for the amazingly decorated and well lit Santa’s Sleigh. I know a lot of hard work and generosity went into their effort. It was an unanimous decision that it was the winner of the Dinghy Decoration Award.
- Jack and Robin Lott- Winners of the best decorated boat. How can you top a 10 foot tall leg lamp? They deserved this “major award”. If you haven't seen the Christmas Story, it is a MUST see this year.
- Cheryl Jester and Art Hammon on Dorothy Lee won Most lights. Who else decorates their anchor? Art and Cheryl really got into the holiday spirit in a big way.
- Thank you to our three judges Rachel Cable, Cheryl Calais, and Kathy Showman.
- Special thanks to Jerry Andrews for his second year as Santa. Jerry was able to overcome the breakdown of the megaphone and his Ho, Ho Ho’s were heard throughout the port.
- Rita Osborne shared her famous shortbread cookies to everyone on the dock. Their buttery goodness and dipped chocolate were a hit. Thank you Rita.
- The social committee was also in high gear providing take out chili and hot drinks on the dock. Thanks to John and Shelly Gantz, Dianne Nunez, and Kim Page for keeping us all warm and fed. 44 people were served.
Thank you all for helping make my first event as Fleet Captain a good experience—Steve