Do you like to work on the computer? Do you want to know everything that's going on at the club? Do you have some graphic's skills?
Hard to believe, but I have been working for the club since 2015, creating graphics, signs, flyers, party invitations, emails and the club newsletter, The Bosun's Pipe. While I get a lot of pleasure from some of the work, I feel like its time that someone new step in. I wanted to see the job through the transition to the new website, which is now over a year old.
My current term runs through until October, when the new Board officers are seated. I would like to find someone I could train for the position over the next six months so they would be prepared to take over when my term ends. I still plan to stay involved, and could possibly be talked into continuing to assume responsibility for some of the tasks.
What the job entails:
- Working with committee chairs and various Board members to publish news articles on the website, and send group emails.
- Work with social committee to post events on the website, and send emails to advertise.
- Posting notices of events on the club Facebook page.
- Work with webmaster to keep website up to date.
- Some computer knowledge needed, but willingness to learn more important. The program the website is designed in has many tutorial videos to watch to learn.
- Ability to work with Microsoft word and pdf's.
- General understanding of graphic layouts. Ability to use clipart.
- General comfort working with Facebook.